Friday, November 25, 2005

Almost Escaped It...

The cold that has been going around my household for the last two weeks finally nabbed me today. I thought I might just get past this episode and elude the pesky bacteria this time. Well, it's a good excuse to sit down and stare into oblivion, play Nintendo for a few hours, nod off open-mouthed on the sofa, and be pampered a bit by the spouse. There are plus sides to this, I suppose. ~grin~

My two older ones are off to the State Youth Convention for a few days, the youngest is at a sleep-over, and my sweetie is up at the church for a wedding rehearsal. I ate some leftover Thanksgiving food and watched TV in quiet solitude for a few hours. That is a rare and precious commodity at this stage of my life, the quiet solitude that is. I know it will be too much like that in several years when the girls are grown so I'll happily take it in small doses right now.

I was going to wait up for my hubby, but it's getting late. Off to bed, I tell myself. ~sniffle~

No comments: