Sunday, June 20, 2004

New Venture

Having benefitted from reading a "blog" about someone else's journey and experience with breast cancer, I decided to step out and share my experience. I'm hoping someone who needs encouragement and a sense of camaraderie as they face the unsettling diagnosis of breast cancer will find something in my words here to help them along. I believe anything is easier to face when you realize that you are not alone. Even though I believe that God is with me through everything that I encounter, I also believe that we need other people. There is great comfort in hearing the story of someone who has already been through a terrible situation; how they prevailed and what it was like, so that you can keep treading on, feeling strengthened.

So much of fear comes from facing the unknown, so maybe if you hear what I know (and mind you, I don't know that much) it may help alleviate some fears and uncertainties for a passer by.

So...I open my heart and mind to anyone who cares to read along.

God be with you!

No comments: