Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Dr. Billy

I've come to a conclusion about surgeons. Their personalities are distinctively different than family doctors, pediatricians and the like. They are much more task-oriented and to the point. No need for a lot of small talk, let's just get this thing taken care of. The quickest appointments I've had have been in surgeon's offices. Dr. Billy was this way, but at the same time he had a paternal kindness about him that eased my mind. From the looks of his white hair and receding hairline, glasses, and steady but wrinkled hands, it seemed to me he had been a surgeon for many years.

He examined me and told me he'd see me the next day for the biopsy. Once again, it all seemed very routine. His office manager Cathy, who is also his wife, told me where to go and about the procedure. They run a tight ship at that office.

No comments: